Protection of religious freedom means considering the faiths and beliefs of everyone involved. (Mike Quigley)
The right to religious freedom and the right to vote are both fundamental to our democracy. (Lois Frankel)
It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty Gods or no God. (Thomas Jefferson)
I have ever regarded the freedom of religious opinions and worship as equally belonging to every sect. (James Madison)
This book teaches people in need of change to help people in need of change. Here are a few interesting tips I discovered while reading Instruments in the Redeemer’s Hands.
- Our eyes can be so focused on the problem that we miss the person and the struggles within.
- We build relationships by identifying with suffering.
- Enter their world, get to know what they are facing, and help them understand their resources in Christ to face their particular situation.
Road Map to Change
- Consideration – What does God what the person to see?
- Confession – What does God what the person to admit or confess?
- Commitment – To what new ways of living is God calling this person?
- Change – How should these new commitments be applied to daily living?
The Cowboy Church movement is designed to reach a certain people group, which has its own cultural norms.
This church building was located in a barn, which is in the middle of a working ranch. Right outside the door of the church was an Australian Cattle Dog and a horse.
Their belief system is typical for a Christian church. The main difference is in how they package it and teach the members to apply it to their own life.
What are the benefits of prayer and meditation?
- Stress Relief
- Improves Mood
- Improves Sleep
- Lowers Blood Pressure
- Helps with Pain Relief
- Improves Focus
- Builds Self Esteem
This book is available for free on Amazon as an ebook. It discusses the following attributes of God:
- God is solitary in His Excellency. God is peerless in His perfections.
- God is omniscient. He knows everything; everything possible, everything actual; all events and all creatures, of the past, the present, and the future.
- God is perpetually the same: subject to no change in His being, attributes, or determinations. God is immutable.
- He only is independently, infinitely, immutably holly.
- God is faithful – faithful in all things, faithful at all times.
- The goodness of God refers to the perfection of His nature.
- The divine patience of God is manifested in His dealing with sinners.
- Grace is the sole source from which flows the goodwill, love, and salvation of God unto His chosen people.
- He is love itself. Love is not merely one of His attributes, but His very nature.
- The wrath of God is His eternal detestation of all unrighteousness.