Failing to plan is planning to fail. (Alan Lakein)
In preparing for battle, I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable. (Dwight D. Eisenhower)
Planning is bringing the future into the present, so that you can do something about it now. (Alan Lakein)
I just finished reading How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie. Here are a few of my favorite points from this book.
- Criticism is futile, because it puts people on the defensive
- Help people get what they want.
- Be interested in what interests other people
- Be a good listener and encourage others to talk about themselves
- Always make the other person feel important
- Respect other people’s opinions
- If you are wrong, admit it
- Try to see things from the other person’s point of view
If you haven’t read this book yet, I highly recommend it.
Dealing with binge eating disorder is not easy, but there are things you can do to help with your urges to binge.
- Take time to relax
- Take time to have fun
- Forgive yourself
- Read self-help books
- Find a support group
- Talk to a nutritionist
- Stay away from fad diets
- Avoid temptation
- Focus on why you are eating
- Focus on what you are eating
- Get enough sleep
- Ask for help
How can someone gain wisdom?
- Read a variety of books
- Talk to a variety of people
- Try new things and get out of your comfort zones
- Pay attention to what is going on around you
- Be open minded
- Attend educational classes
- Attend seminars and workshops whenever possible
- Hang around wise people
- Be humble
- Learn from your mistakes
How can we make the world better?
- Smile more
- Respect others
- Donate money or unused items to charity
- Go green
- Exhibit a positive attitude
- Donate blood
How does one become more disciplined?
- Set small goals
- Avoid the temptations that cause you to fail
- Do what needs to be done, even when you don’t feel like it
- Allow for breaks
- Reward yourself
- Forgive your failures
According to dictionary.com a victim is, “one that is injured, destroyed, or sacrificed under any of various conditions,” and a survivor is “a person who copes well with difficulties in their life.”
We cannot prevent tragedy or disaster from occurring in our life, but we can choose how to react to those events. We can decide to be a victim or a survivor.