I borrowed the book Aromatherapy for Healing the Spirit from a friend, because I wanted to learn more about the topic. This is an excellent book and I found it to be enjoyable.
The book starts out with a little history and discusses how certain oils and herbs were used in ancient Oriental, Greek, and Roman civilizations.
There is also a basic explanation of Yin and Yang, as well as the five elements (Earth, Fire, Water, Wood, and Metal). The book explains how those concepts are used in preparing and prescribing essential oils.
The book gives an overview of various types of plants, how they were used in the past, and how they can be beneficial to individuals today.
- Eucalyptus can be used to treat infections, enhances breathing, and increases oxygen in the red blood cells.
- Frankincense promotes relaxation.
- Ginger oil is a decongestant that improves confidence and morale.
- Hyssop can boost the immune system and enhances courage.
I just finished reading “The Walk” by Stephen Smallman. The book was easy read, yet full of valuable information. It is designed to help people learn how to be a disciple of Christ.
A few of the main points:
- A disciple is a follower of Jesus, not just in word, but in action as well.
- The local church is essential for spiritual support, education, and direction for serving others.
- Salvation comes when we repent and have faith in Jesus. We turn away from our sin and turn toward Jesus.
- We are justified or declared righteous by God and our sins are forgiven.
- Sanctification is the work of God in us. We are renewed in the image of God and strive to reject sin in favor of righteousness.
This book is a great resources for new believers or those who want to know more about Christianity.
A prayer invokes the power of an outside force and it can be offered to a supreme being or to the universe in general. The person praying may be asking for something or expressing concern or may just be trying to communicate with a higher power.
Meditation involves focusing on one thing, such as breathing, a mantra, sounds, or anything else that the person desires. In meditation the goal is to silent the mind and relax the body. There is no attempt to communicate with an outside power.
Both Prayer and meditation have benefits. They can relax the body and promote a feeling of calmness. In today’s hectic world this could have a positive impact on your life.