There are two basic mindsets:
- Fixed Mindset – There is not a lot you can do to change your abilities or intelligence. Either you have a natural ability to do something our you don’t have that ability.
- Growth Mindset – There are some things that are easy for you and other things that are hard. However, you can grow in your abilities and knowledge through hard work and persistence.
The book teaches you how to develop a growth mindset and use it to improve your life.
I bought this book, because author’s last name is the same as mine. Thaler is not a common name. I have never met a Thaler that I am not directly related to.
This book teaches the importance of grit or perseverance in your life. It filled with real life examples and advice on how to apply the principles to your life.
I really enjoyed the book and I give an A+
If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride – and never quit, you’ll be a winner. The price of victory is high, but so are the rewards. (Bear Bryant)
With hard work and dedication, anything is possible. (Timothy Weah)
When you see validation for a life’s work and dedication, it’s a beautiful day. (Mary Gauthier)
How can we make the world better?
- Smile more
- Respect others
- Donate money or unused items to charity
- Go green
- Exhibit a positive attitude
- Donate blood
Don’t forget to reward yourself when you accomplish your goals. There are many different ways to do this.
I’ve included a list of my favorites to get your creative juices flowing.
- Attend a concert
- Get a massage
- Attend a play
- Buy a new workout video
- Buy a new outfit
- Attend a sporting event
- Throw a party
How do you like to reward yourself?
My life has been full of interesting adventures, because I jump at opportunities when they are presented. When I am scared or nervous, I do it anyway. When I think I can’t do something, I do it anyway. When I think I will probably fail (which happens sometimes), I do it anyway.
Here are a few examples:
- Learned a second language
- Started my own business
- Attended a protest
- Was in a play
- Rode in an airboat
- Stated taking karate classes
- Participated in the Polar Bear Plunge
- Put a giant snake around my neck
- Published a book
- Traveled the world
- Touched a live shark
- Visited a snake handling church
- Got a PhD