My friend needed her Nissan Rouge hauled from Indiana back to Alabama.
I have a Jeep with an 8 cylinder, 5.7 liter engine, and a tow/haul package. I also love road trips, so I volunteered.
As I was preparing for the trip, people kept asking me questions like:
“Do you know how to load a car onto a car dolly?”
I have no clue.
“Have you ever hauled anything before?”
No, this will be my first hauling experience. Basically, I have no idea what I am doing. However, I do have a can-do-attitude and I will get this job done. 🙂
I am proud to report, I dropped off the Nissan last night and my trip was successful.
All our dreams can came true, if we have the courage to pursue them. – Walt Disney
Help others achieve their dreams and you will achieve yours. – Les Brown
We all have dreams. But in order to make dreams come into reality, it takes an awful lot of determination, dedication, self-discipline, and effort. – Jesse Owens
I throughly enjoyed reading this book. It is full of useful information on how to change your life by setting and achieving goals.
Here are a few quotes from the book:
- A goal is the clear vision in your mind of a target you aim to hit by a specified date.
- Goal setting is the process of defining and working towards achieving goals. It is a powerful skill which, once learnt, is the path to success.
- You set goals to achieve the things you want in life.
- Goal achievement is the step-by-step realization of your specific goal — the actual process.
- Vision is about the future, and mission is about what we will do to achieve the vision.
- You can’t just set a goal and expect it to be delivered. To make it happen, you need a strategy that is consistent with your mission and values. Your strategy tells how you are going to get things done. In a nutshell, your strategy is like a compass showing you, directionally where to go.
- The plan will describe the way you will apply the strategies to achieve the objectives, which in turn support the overall mission (or primary goal).
- A burning desire is the first ingredient of success. Your desire for what you want to achieve must be so strong that it dominates your thinking, making it difficult to concentrate on anything else.
- Achieving your goal has little to do with your ability or intellect. It has to do with heartfelt desire.
- The five keys to successful goal achievement still apply:
- 1. Define your goal in writing
- 2. Play your work
- 3. Get started — take massive action
- 4. Track your progress
- 5. Reward success
- Written goals put direction into your life and empower you to face the future in a determined way.
- SMART goals are:
- Specific – the goal must clearly describe the desired outcome.
- Measurable – the goal should consist of specific criteria for measuring progress toward its successful completion
- Attainable – the goal should be challenging, but achievable
- Relevant – the goal must be something you really want
- Time Bound – the goal must have a time frame or deadline
- If you are constantly pushing ahead and never taking the time to celebrate your accomplishments, you will most likely suffer burn out.