Jones is one of the main characters in the book. Jones notices things about people and helps them in times of trouble. He teaches people how to gain a new perspective on their life. He shows them how to be the person they want to be. Many lives were dramatically changed, due to Jones.
A few of the principles taught by Jones are:
- The struggles of life give us the strength we need to succeed in the future.
- Read about the lives of great people, read about their struggles, their failures, and their success. The experience of others is the best teacher.
- If you continually focus on your needs, you will continually find things you need. Instead, focus on the blessings you already have in life. Gratitude will fill your life with happiness and abundance.
- Happy and enthusiastic people are able to influence those around them.
This was a fun book to read and it’s defiantly a book worth reading multiple times.
In Matthew 12:22-50, Jesus has a lot to say about character. For example,
- A tree is known by its fruit
- Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks
Webster defines character as the mental and ethical traits of a person. Those traits could be positive or negative.
Positive character traits that I try to incorporate into my life include:
I don’t always live up to my goal, but I learn from my mistakes and try again.
Three weeks ago, I developed a massive ear infection. The vertigo from the infection was so bad, I would actually get motion sickness while sitting in a chair. Also, the pain was excruciating, so I ended up in the emergency room.
The doctor prescribed antibiotics, which seemed to be helping.
Unfortunately, there was still a ton of fluid built up behind my eardrum. Last week, the pressure from the fluid caused my eardrum to rupture and the fluid starting running out of my ear. It continued draining for three days.
All that nasty fluid caused the ear cannel to get infected. My outer ear was red, inflamed, and extremely painful. The ear cannel was almost swollen shut.
Once again, I ended up in the emergency room. This time the doctor prescribed steroids and antibiotics to help fight the infection as well as the inflammation.
With all that infection running through my ears, I was not feeling up to par. I would sleep all night and take long naps during the day. I was always tired and a bit grumpy.
Today things are looking better. I woke up at 4:00 in the morning and I am wide awake. My ear is still a bit tinder, but this is the best I have felt in a long time.
I am thankful to be awake and alert. I am also thankful for doctors, medication, hospitals, and for the fact I have insurance so I can access medical care whenever I need it.
I am extremely thankful for Mom and Gwen. They spent time hanging out at the ER with me and were willing to help me in anyway they could.
Happy Thanksgiving Day