Here are a few of the tips I learned from this eBook.
- Being clutter free means everything has a place and everything is in its place.
- Everything should have a purpose (functional or emotional).
- If it doesn’t have a purpose, it is clutter.
- If you buy a new item, you should get rid on one like item to prevent clutter from growing.
- Make de-cluttering fun by listening to music, watching TV, or getting someone to help you.
- Make your organizational system user friendly.
- Consolidate like items into one area.
I make a to-do list, so I can remember what needs to be done in a day. If I end up doing something that wasn’t on the list, I will add it to the list, so I can mark it off the list.
It sounds weird, but it helps me feel like I accomplished more during the day.
Does anyone else add things to their list, just so they can mark them off the list? Maybe it’s just me. Maybe I’m weird.
According to the American Psychological Association (Feb 2014, Vol 45, No 2, Pg 10), playing video games can be good for you.
Video games help people:
• Improve cognitive skills, such as reasoning and memory
• Improve problem solving skills
• Improve their mood
Therefore, when I spend a day playing video games, I am not wasting time. Actually, I am enhancing my cognitive abilities, improving my emotional well-being, and saving the world from killer zombies.
Sounds like a win-win to me!
Life skills usually are not taught in the school system. However, it is important for personal growth and career success to master these skills.
Jerry Newman is a university professor. He took a sabbatical from his job to work in the fast food industry, as part of a human resources research project. His findings and insights are recorded in his book, My Secret Life on the McJob.
Jerry Newman was able to capture the personal side of his co-workers life, as it relate to working in fast food. He also spoke highly of the skills that each employee learned as a result of their job:
- Interpersonal Skills
- Time Management
- Working Under Pressure
- Leadership Skills
- Customer Service
The book also covered the negative aspects of being in the fast food industry. Employees often felt marginalized by society and are often treated poorly by customers, because their jobs are seen as unimportant.
I think this book is worth reading and I really enjoyed it.
I give it an A-
Learning should be a lifelong pursuit. Continuing your education, even after you finish school, will allow you to grow as a human being and help you to be successful in your endeavors.
Take time out of your day to learn something new and improve your education.