To me it seems amazing that anything is ever accomplished in the Thaler household. We have a mix of extreme introverts and type B personalities, which makes things interesting.
Common Conversations in the Thaler House:
- Thaler A – Can you do such and such?
- Thaler A (days later) – How come you didn’t get such and such done?
- Thaler B – You were serious about that? I thought it was a suggestion.
- Thaler A – Can you do blah blah tomorrow?
- Thaler B – It depends on what time I wake up?
- Thaler A – What time do you plan on getting up in the morning?
- Thaler B – I don’t know, it depends on how tired I am.
- Thaler A – We need to complete the whatever project today.
- Thaler B – First, I have to lay on the couch and psych myself up for that project.
- Thaler A – Cool, I’ll check back with you in 30 minutes.
- Thaler A – We have to reschedule the such and such appointment. That will make three appointments in one day and I can’t deal with that much human interaction in the same day.
- Thaler B – Agreed, I will reschedule the appointment.
- Thaler A – Cool
The amazing thing is we do actually manage to get things done and take care of all our responsibilities. It’s baffling, but true.
I have a lot of type B personality traits. I tend to be carefree and relaxed. I am not overly competitive or aggressive. I am creative, flexible, and expressive. I have a laid back attitude. I am a procrastinator. I am very casual. I am a non-conformist and a free-spirit. I also tend to bend or flat out break rules on a regular basis.
There is one aspect of my personality that goes completely against the type B traits. I am very organized. I enjoy organizing my stuff. I will take everything I own and put it in the middle of the room, just so I can reorganize my stuff. It may sound weird, but I think it’s fun.