There are a lot of reasons for people to eat when they are not hungry. My main reasons are:
If I am going to be successful in my weight loss journey, I have to find a way to deal with the craving to eat when I am not hungry. I have to find another way to fill that desire. I need replacement behaviors like:
- Change tasks
- Take a Walk
- Talk to Someone
Do you struggle with the desire to eat when you are not hungry? If so, how do you handle your cravings?
Physical activity plays a major role in promoting good health and is an excellent way to boost your mood.
- You should participate in physical activities for at least 150 minutes a week (20 minutes a day or for 30 minutes 5 days a week).
- You can break exercise time into small chucks throughout the day.
- Eliminate all or nothing thinking.
- You can multitask while exercising (for example: watch TV while on a treadmill).
- Make your exercise time a priority.
Source: Crestwood Medical Center in Huntsville, Alabama