Owls appeal to me, because they have been used to symbolize wisdom for centuries.
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is a knowledge of our own ignorance. (Benjamin Franklin)
Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom. (Thomas Jefferson)
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. (Socrates)
One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain. – Bob Marley
Music, at its essence, is what gives us memories. And the longer a song has existed in our lives, the more memories we have of it. – Stevie Wonder
Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy. – Ludwig Von Beethoven
I think music in itself is healing. It’s an explosive expression of humanity. It’s something we are all touched by. No matter what culture we’re from, everyone loves music. – Billy Joel
My favorite quotes from The Wit & Wisdom of Mark Twain:
- A human being has a natural desire to have more of a good thing than he needs.
- It is our nature to conform; it is a force which not many can successfully resist.
- An uneasy conscience is a hair in the mouth.
- I was seldom able to see an opportunity until it had ceased to be one.
- Experience is an author’s most valuable asset; experience is the thing that puts the muscle and the breath and the warm blood into the book he writes.
- Many a small thing has been made large by advertising.
- Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reform (or pause and reflect).
- Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
While I was in New Orleans, I bought a hat with this on it.
According to alligators, we should all:
- Keep a low profile
- Be thick skinned
- Bask in the sun
- Take a bit out of life
This is great advice. Alligators are a lot smarter than I thought.
The other day, I realized I was failing to communicate with Gwen. It was my own fault. I forgot to place myself in her shoes. I forgot how I felt when I was about to graduate high school and go out into the real world. I forgot how scary it can be.
I decided I needed to smack myself in the head. I have a PhD in communication, yet I failed to utilize my own knowledge and skills.
Sometimes I wonder about myself…
The book “Albert Einstein – Extraordinary Life Lessons That Will Change Your Life Forever” is rather short, but it is full of good information. The book discusses a few of Einstein’s most famous quotes. It also uses lessons from his life as an example for how to improve your own life. One of the main topics in the book is how to turn knowledge into wisdom and then how to use that wisdom in an efficient manner.
I really enjoyed the book and would highly recommend it.
I give this book an A-