My favorite quotes from The Wit & Wisdom of Mark Twain:
- A human being has a natural desire to have more of a good thing than he needs.
- It is our nature to conform; it is a force which not many can successfully resist.
- An uneasy conscience is a hair in the mouth.
- I was seldom able to see an opportunity until it had ceased to be one.
- Experience is an author’s most valuable asset; experience is the thing that puts the muscle and the breath and the warm blood into the book he writes.
- Many a small thing has been made large by advertising.
- Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reform (or pause and reflect).
- Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
While I was in New Orleans, I bought a hat with this on it.
According to alligators, we should all:
- Keep a low profile
- Be thick skinned
- Bask in the sun
- Take a bit out of life
This is great advice. Alligators are a lot smarter than I thought.
Failing to plan is planning to fail. (Alan Lakein)
In preparing for battle, I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable. (Dwight D. Eisenhower)
Planning is bringing the future into the present, so that you can do something about it now. (Alan Lakein)
Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom. – Thomas Jefferson
Honesty is the fastest way to prevent a mistake from turning into a failure. – James Altucher
Honesty and integrity are by far the most important assets of an entrepreneur. Zig Ziglar
Owls appeal to me, because they have been used to symbolize wisdom for centuries.
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is a knowledge of our own ignorance. (Benjamin Franklin)
Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom. (Thomas Jefferson)
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. (Socrates)
One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain. – Bob Marley
Music, at its essence, is what gives us memories. And the longer a song has existed in our lives, the more memories we have of it. – Stevie Wonder
Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy. – Ludwig Von Beethoven
I think music in itself is healing. It’s an explosive expression of humanity. It’s something we are all touched by. No matter what culture we’re from, everyone loves music. – Billy Joel