Work ethic is important because, unlike intelligence, athleticism, charisma, or any natural attribute, it’s a choice. (Mike Rowe)
You need lofty goals. Then cement it with a great work ethic. (Jerry West)
Parents should plant deeply the seed of the work ethic into the hearts and habits of their children. (Joseph B. Wirthlin)
A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way. (John Maxwell)
Leadership is not about you; it’s about investing in the growth of others. (Ken Blanchard)
Leadership is about vision and responsibility, not power. (Seth Berkley)
If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride – and never quit, you’ll be a winner. The price of victory is high, but so are the rewards. (Bear Bryant)
With hard work and dedication, anything is possible. (Timothy Weah)
When you see validation for a life’s work and dedication, it’s a beautiful day. (Mary Gauthier)
Creative Reasons to Call in Sick
- Spring fever
- Winter blues
- Zombie bite
- Hit by a deer
- Caffeine withdrawal
- Injured by falling out of bed
- Indigestion due to overeating
- Vitamin D deficiency must spend the day at the beach
- Legs fell asleep and cannot walk
- Hair emergency roots are showing
- Poisoned by a family member
- Wii elbow
What are some other reasons for calling in sick? Share your ideas in the comment section.
How can you make extra money?
- Sell stuff on eBay
- Donate plasma
- Have a yardsale
- Get paid to do surveys (swagbucks.com)
- Write and sell eBooks on Amazon
- Deliver food for DoorDash
- Clean houses
- Do yard work
- Become an Uber driver
- Walk dogs in your neighborhood
- Make and sell crafts on Etsy
- Create an on-line class
- Find odd jobs on craigslist
- Work as a substitute teacher
It’s no secret, going to college is expensive. However, there are a few things you can do to help decrease the burden of college tuition.
- Apply for Pell Grants through your school. Pell Grant money does not have to be paid back and is awarded based on financial need.
- Get a job with a company that offers tuition reimbursement. For example: Apple, Home Depot, Publix, Best Buy, UPS, FedEx, Gap, and Verizon Wireless will help pay for their employees education. Do a google search of businesses in your area to see which ones will offer this benefit.
- Attend a community college for the first two years. The tuition cost at a community college is drastically cheaper. Taking some of your classes at a community college will reduce the total amount you have to pay for your education.
- There are a few colleges that offer free tuition for all of their students. The students are given jobs, at the school, to help offset cost not covered by financial aid. A few of these schools include: College of the Ozarks, Berea College, Curtis Institute of Music, Alice Lloyd College, Webb Institute, and Deep Springs College.